Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you ever just rip through the woods near your house? I live in a private community and like to randomly ride through the woods and see how I do. I usually scope out it out a bit before going in (to look for fallen tree branches and such). Or since my community is mostly a summer and weekend retreat for most folks, there are plenty of unoccupied house properties to ride through. It seems as if they have the best small obstacles like rocks, railroad ties, septic tanks, walkways, etc. I don't disturb the properties. Keeps me a bit more satisfied if i don't have enough time to hit the trail and i just want to get a small taste of riding.

·
Something's tingling
154 Posts
Does a concrete jungle count?

A number of trails are just a few miles away, but if I only have an hour to kill I usually run around my neighborhood or take the steel beater for some quick urban assault. Nights are especially interesting when the streetlights switch off and I have to feel my way through the streets and sidewalks. Totally different scene than the daytime and it's fun to get around town virtually unseen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.