Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Murica Man
Do it for Dale (#3)
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you design in full size or do you scale it down a bit while using the design software?

·
Administrator
10,528 Posts
do you design in full size or do you scale it down a bit while using the design software?
Design software is intended to be used in full scale for whatever you are designing. The only reason to scale something down is to print it and then you are scaling down a life sized model to a scale that works for the paper size. I am an architect not a bike designer but I work in feet, inches, and metric increments at full scale in my buildings. Then to print I scale down the view to a sheet size and an appropriate scale where increments of an inch equals a foot (eg 1/8" = 1') or increments of a centimeter = increments of a centimeter (1cm=30cm).

·
Murica Man
Do it for Dale (#3)
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
like, w
Design software is intended to be used in full scale for whatever you are designing. The only reason to scale something down is to print it and then you are scaling down a life sized model to a scale that works for the paper size. I am an architect not a bike designer but I work in feet, inches, and metric increments at full scale in my buildings. Then to print I scale down the view to a sheet size and an appropriate scale where increments of an inch equals a foot (eg 1/8" = 1') or increments of a centimeter = increments of a centimeter (1cm=30cm).
thanks, exactly what i was wondering.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts