Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Depends

Depends on the bike model and brand...some (stress on some) of the 2005 bikes in some lines are trickling out on the market... mainly for models that sold out early in the year, and instead of producing more 04's they just pushed out the 05's early. Some shops may start bringing them in shortly but to my knowledge most of these are lower end stuff. Mid & High-end stuff won't come for a while. While model specs will be released shortly, stock on 2005's usually doesn't come out till after interbike. Usually Oct before we start seeing a lot of 05 stuff...of course then shops have to order and build up that stock. While I'm sure any shop will wheel'n'deal you a good price...you're to early for a "closeout". Keep your eye on end of season sales...you should start seeing them in the end of august or maybe sept...of course all this depends on what part of the country you live in (climate) and what kind of bike your looking at...some bikes (and areas) don't need a closeout...they sell anyways.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx! i'll be buying a entry level bike...kona kikapu or giant nrs...theres a closeout on an 03 khs 704r for $999..but i saw at weight weenie that frame is a tad heavier than my other options

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
I just bought an awesome '04 bike at an October price. The sales are just starting for some bike shops. If you live in a metropolitan area, then shop / ask around. Depending on your size and tastes, you might get lucky.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.