Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone im new here and soon I may be getting a bike with 2013 fox ctd front and back, and I was wondering when you need to change the seals? Is it necessary to do it at the 30 hour service? Thanks very much!
P.s. Does anybody know any good websites that show how to do a fit damper service (I understand it is a bit of a pain! )

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I change seals probably once a year, but I do change oil every 2 months or so.

You need to be pretty tool savvy to do a proper FIT service (watch YouTube by fox), but if it's that new, I doubt you would need a full FIT service. FIT is a sealed system, so unless the bladder is compromised and/or neglected service for too long, I'd just drain and refill FIT unit with fresh oil. While filling it up, take your time and make sure you don't have any air in there.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Change the leg bath fluid every 30 hrs.
Depending on riding conditions, seals may need changed at 30 hrs or they could go longer.
I change them when they start to leak-sometimes it's 30, sometimes it's 50, sometimes longer.
FIT service instructions are on the FOX website-tons of service videos are there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.