Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not so much of riding pics, more of the pose here pose there ones...

couple of shots taken during the last weekend of March 09 where we were supposed to have a 100km mtb marathon but was cut short by the thunder and lightning midway thru the race.

This year Tinker Juarez came down again, he came last yr too, to race with another legend, Mr Gary Fisher himself also making a guest appearance at the BikeAsia Motor and Bicycle show here in Singapore...

Got myself a photo taken of me and Tinker at the tentage after it was cancelled....

Gary was pictured riding his 29er hardtail of coz....Tinker with his sponsored bike, Cannondale...and me with my Jones...

Im a cheater, i entered the quad relay and im the 3rd rider but even then we were still lagging the pros and semi-pros riders' timing...but it's more for the race atmosphere that we entered the race for....

Attachments

·
try driving your car less
3,097 Posts
Gary is going for the Hulk Hogan look.

Tinker is the man. I was riding at Mt. Snow Worlds summer of... 96? But on trails pretty far from the mix of it all, totally JRA getting away from the circus with some friends. All of a sudden a blur by us... Tinker! We had some teenage kids with us and he paused to tell them 'good job!' or something. Paula Pezzo was there, too, and totally polar opposite. She thought she was a friggin goddess or something at the time.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
~martini~ said:
But its true. Those jersey's are teh ghey.
hm, never knew that the jersey would be an issue....but watever...everybody thinks different, heck if all think the same the world would either be very peaceful or very chaotic...

·
recognize the slowness
483 Posts
I am sure he was trying to pull a cartman reference with the Ghey comment.

I thought the jersey was funny. whatever....

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
jh_on_the_cape said:
Gary is going for the Hulk Hogan look.

Tinker is the man. I was riding at Mt. Snow Worlds summer of... 96? But on trails pretty far from the mix of it all, totally JRA getting away from the circus with some friends. All of a sudden a blur by us... Tinker! We had some teenage kids with us and he paused to tell them 'good job!' or something. Paula Pezzo was there, too, and totally polar opposite. She thought she was a friggin goddess or something at the time.
yes I agree with ya on dat, I think even with his great hall of fame background, he is ever the consumate gentleman...

I remember after taking the shot with him before the race, he wished me good luck for the race...my reply ya, good luck to me trying to catch up with him...

and from those who had the luck of getting blitzed by him in the trail during the race, he would courteously give audible warnings and said thank you after whizzing past you...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.