Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
just rub some dirt on it
Joined
·
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Freaking 4 flats on my last two "quick rides". I am done with the goats heads...or little satan's..or satan's helpers...or death stars..or what ever you want to call those thorns....they suck balls. Fixing flats when it's 95 degrees and dusty is the worst. I can't
remember the last time I even got a flat and then both my last rides...anywho just a rant.
p.s. don't tell me about tubeless it will happen eventually.
 

·
Amphibious Technologies
Joined
·
3,472 Posts
SKULLY said:
Freaking 4 flats on my last two "quick rides". I am done with the goats heads...or little satan's..or satan's helpers...or death stars..or what ever you want to call those thorns....they suck balls. Fixing flats when it's 95 degrees and dusty is the worst. I can't
remember the last time I even got a flat and then both my last rides...anywho just a rant.
p.s. don't tell me about tubeless it will happen eventually.
Yup, tubless with Stan's. I got several goat heads stuck on my tires at one time, pulled them out, heard a hiss, spun the tire, sealed...continued my ride.
 

·
right behind ya
Joined
·
183 Posts
SKULLY said:
Freaking 4 flats on my last two "quick rides". I am done with the goats heads...or little satan's..or satan's helpers...or death stars..or what ever you want to call those thorns....they suck balls. Fixing flats when it's 95 degrees and dusty is the worst. I can't
remember the last time I even got a flat and then both my last rides...anywho just a rant.
p.s. don't tell me about tubeless it will happen eventually.
yep, crazy this year. 3 flats over last 5 rides for me.:madman: Only super slow leaks for me that I noticed next day in gargage. Much easier replacing tube in air-conditioned house ;)

btw - as an aside a few years back i was riding with 2 others and hit a trail section that gave us 4 flats between the 6 wheels (2,1,1)- that sucked @$$ with only three spare tubes- can you say leaves
 

·
Death By Snoo Snoo
Joined
·
321 Posts
I feel your pain...

i had 6 flats this past sunday at Big Bear, 4 front and 2 in the back. My rear was stans and there was a tear that was too large for it too seal properly so i had to tube it. Front just kept flatting, possibly a thorn i didn't see inside the casing...just wasn't my day i guess.
 

·
Glad to Be Alive
Joined
·
43,009 Posts
munkyspank said:
i had 6 flats this past sunday at Big Bear, 4 front and 2 in the back. My rear was stans and there was a tear that was too large for it too seal properly so i had to tube it. Front just kept flatting, possibly a thorn i didn't see inside the casing...just wasn't my day i guess.
got to bring the superglue....let the air go out ....superglue the sidewall together ....re-inflate w/ a co2 can
 

·
Death By Snoo Snoo
Joined
·
321 Posts
does that really work? I ll be back in BB this weekend but i am ditching the tires and putting on DH cased nevegals with stans... hopefully that will be good enough. I think more than anything cleaning up my line might help with the flats.

SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
got to bring the superglue....let the air go out ....superglue the sidewall together ....re-inflate w/ a co2 can
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top