Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Weekend Warrior
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry about this stupid questions, I only go on the weekends (and then once in a while).

When is Santos open? I want to take my brother-in-law and his brothers (who are visiting from out of town) to Santos, but I gotta go on Wednesday.

And where can I rent bicycles for them? Anywhere close where I can do that?

Thanks....

Anyone else want to go on Wednesday morning?

·
Weekend Warrior
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wouldn't ride at night anyways, unless i go with a really skilled group...

I was planning on riding in the back of the group... (I'm just a little girl when it comes to spiders' I'll take snakes, alligators or big cats, but no spiders).

Thanks.....

·
i call it a kaiser blade
744 Posts
they don't like night rides for some reason.

not sure what the florida pigs have against mtbers, tho.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
daleksic said:
Sorry about this stupid questions, I only go on the weekends (and then once in a while).

When is Santos open? I want to take my brother-in-law and his brothers (who are visiting from out of town) to Santos, but I gotta go on Wednesday.

And where can I rent bicycles for them? Anywhere close where I can do that?

Thanks....

Anyone else want to go on Wednesday morning?
You can rent bikes at the Santos Bike Shop and even enter the trails straight from their shop.

By the way, don't go out there at night unless you are real brave. There is some mutant big cat with huge front fangs hanging down that will make you wish you ran into a Bigfoot instead. That cat has got to be at least 200 lbs. and 5 feet long without tail.

·
Weekend Warrior
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, cool, i just talked to the guys at Santos Bike Shop. They seem the be very friendly and am looking forward to meet them there.

A Base HT goes for $25 over there and a FSR, like the Stumpjumper FSR, goes for $45 a day. That is not bad at all.

Thanks everyone for your help....

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
daleksic said:
Wow, cool, i just talked to the guys at Santos Bike Shop. They seem the be very friendly and am looking forward to meet them there.

A Base HT goes for $25 over there and a FSR, like the Stumpjumper FSR, goes for $45 a day. That is not bad at all.

Thanks everyone for your help....
Please tell Dawn and Mike I sent you and that when Mike gets ready to sell his Giant Anthem Advanced to please keep me in mind.

:)

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've wondered about the night riding. I saw some guys unloading to go ride at sundown as I was leaving one night, but I thought it was supposed to be closed at sundown.

Gatorback, I think you were kidding about the cat, but I saw a big honkin' bobcat coming out one evening a few weeks ago. He was kind of charcoal colored and vanished as soon as I came around a bend. This sucker was full grown and made me do a double-take due to it's size. This was right after an owl about took my head off, so it was a good wildlife 1-2 punch. The squirrel population seems high this year, so I imagine the things that like to eat the little tree rats will increase in numbers too!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
mb_ said:
I've wondered about the night riding. I saw some guys unloading to go ride at sundown as I was leaving one night, but I thought it was supposed to be closed at sundown.

Gatorback, I think you were kidding about the cat, but I saw a big honkin' bobcat coming out one evening a few weeks ago. He was kind of charcoal colored and vanished as soon as I came around a bend. This sucker was full grown and made me do a double-take due to it's size. This was right after an owl about took my head off, so it was a good wildlife 1-2 punch. The squirrel population seems high this year, so I imagine the things that like to eat the little tree rats will increase in numbers too!
That bobcat is huge and much bigger than I thought they could get. When I saw it I was trail running on a Saturday morning, was on my way back in, and just a short distance from the trailhead. It must have seen me first because I heard movement that sounded like something larger than all the squirrels that scatter and looked up to see that thing turning and running through an opening into an adjacent field. Based upon its size, I would have that it was a panther. But I got a great look at it and it was definitely a bobcat.

·
Weekend Warrior
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Alright, I'm finally going to Santos with my in-laws tomorrow. It went from 2 to 6 people, so let's see what happens.... We'll be renting (not me, i'll bring my own) bikes over at the Santos bike shop. I'm kinda looking forward to it, and then again, I'm afraid one will [email protected] out early and the ride will be over after about 15 minutes.

·
Weekend Warrior
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I gotta give a big A+ to the guys over at the Santos Bike Shop. We went there and they didn't have any HT bikes for rent for my in-laws, so they gave us expensive Full Suspension bikes for the price of the HT. We really appreciated that.

Of course I was the only one (again) who caught a Banana Spider... ;(

Everything went fine/slow. I tried to keep them motivated and we finally made it to the Vortex. It was way hot in the early afternoon but they made it without any incidents. We tried to go to the triple drop but the landing site was just washed out and there were large groves, so we had a no go. I wanted to try out one of the FS bikes which were very, very nice, but no go. So we went back to the Bike shop and after a 6 mile round trip.. that was it...

So I'm planning to go next weekend again, but not with them... ;) maybe i'll do snowhill, don't know yet...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Snowhill is a make or break place, I went during the bad drought a few times and by the last time I went is was almost 50% sugar sand, We have had some rain now so maybe its back in action. I would check before I made that drive.

Glad you had fun btw.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.