Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I know that Iron Horse is no longer allowed to sell the DW-link as of 2009. Yet I see they have them for 2009 and I hear they are allowed to sell them until the end of december. Is this true? If so does this mean that the IH bikes with DW-link will no longer be on sale new starting in 2009?

It seems odd to me that they would have to stop selling a bike at a certain time. I can understand not being able to produce it after a certain date but not being able to sell something that has already been manufactured is odd to me. Can anyone clear this up?

I really would like to buy a MkIII and have the money saved right now but I'm a bit nervous about the possibility of losing my job due to the economic slowdown and would feel better waiting until this spring to make the purchase. Of course, if they will no longer be available for sale I'll just buy it now.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Prettym1k3 said:
If I'm not mistaken, they can only manufacturer them until the end of March, and then they can only sell them until the end of December.

I might be wrong though.
Do you mean March of 09 and december of 09?

It seems like the above post is correct. I can't imagine them scrapping the bikes after a certain date.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ih (dw)

I think manufacturing ends at the end of March 2009. As long as there are still stocks to sell, selling continues even beyond March 2009. Just my 2 cents though. On second thought, it will really depend on the terms of the contract between IH and DW.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Iron Horse dealers for 2009??

Hi, I came across this thread because I am thinking of getting a 2009 Iron Horse Sunday (still using DW link in '09 on that one) and I remember that Performance, will they be dealing them in '09? Lets say I work at a bicycle shop who is not an iron horse dealer(I do) and I call IH directly and ask about getting a "pro-deal" on a '09 bike, you think I'd have a shot at them hooking me up direct? anyone have experience with that? I know for a fact a lot of smaller bike manufacturers hook up shop employees this way (generally as long as there isn't a dealer in a nearby area they allow this), so i'm wondering if IH might be cool like that, despite them being a somewhat larger bike company.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.