Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
I am in Australia, and currently the shops are starting to sell 2004 bikes quite cheaply, particularly from the bigger brands, so I suspect now, next month and up to september if stocks last, you'll see all the 2004 stuff being sold cheaper.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
here

portercat100 said:
Just curious. What do LBSs consider the end of the season, where they start to unload at reduced prices? Bikes seemed REALLY cheap around November last year. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
DW
around where i live, the mtb population is not as large as in some places. Niagara falls ontario. So the few shops around here do not have major end of season sales. They have a solid handfull of 2002 and 2003 bikes that are not insanely marked down.

A little off topic, but i thought it was funny. I was looking for hockey equipment (goalie pads) a little while ago. They had a pair that was 5 years old(technology has changed a lot since then), and the origional regular priced sticker was still on them. If they don't know, they will never sell them at any price now.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Some LBS are advertising big sales in August, so it should be starting soon. I notice some online places are doing it already, at least with parts. Like dirtpaws said, forks are on clearance already. You can get some decent prices on 04 Fox Forx right now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.