Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
eci
2,712 Posts
hmm................. id have to say theres gonna be a huge shortage of supply and then they get stuck in customs for 2 months so probably after you spent that money on somthing else

·
Registered
343 Posts
Evil Con-fecal said:
Alternative lifestyle Zebra? I think it is just FABBB!!-ULUS!!!
:p :p :p

Little know fact bout Gorgy, other than suffering frequent splinters in the mouth, he was the first honorary member of the rainbow coalition.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Shimano is a bad company

krimzon81 said:
does anybody know when the 05 shimano hone components go on sale and maybe even how much? :p
and I don't even know when they will have that sh!t in. Don't waste your time or money.

They suck

beau

·
Registered
36 Posts
hone is a lame name

'hone'. :rolleyes: what were they thinking w/ that name??

from now on, i think we should refer to it as "Ho".

put some ho on yo ride.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Beau said:
and I don't even know when they will have that sh!t in. Don't waste your time or money.

They suck

beau
then would you suggest SRAM? or what else? and if so what set of components for my first FS bike (transition dirtbag).

·
Registered
150 Posts
MTBsSd said:
I'm totally outta the line, wut is hone again?
some underground chatter prices...

Hone RearDer Under $50
Disks to be priced similar to Avid Mech.
Hubs same price as current XT
No price on crank yet tho. :mad:
Front Der is $32

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
how lame...

"The name comes from the fact that the parts are intended for new riders who will be honing their skills, attempting moderate drops and technical problems."
-MBA

who ran the focus groups for that one?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
i like the new Hollowtech stuff, but geez i wish they'd update their hub bearing designs. Just because you hold some patents, doesnt mean you have to use them....

·
Registered
367 Posts
Honed (Partially)

Already on sale in Indonesia.
The shifter & brake set is about 2 grams heavier than XT.
The crank is noticeably heavier than XT.
Shifting: inferior to XTR, but almost the same as XT (good for its price, though)
Unlike XTR & XT, when pushing the 'ear' on the bottom of the shifter (for downshifting), the lever will be 'pushed' up, as well.
I dont know abt Hone R/D as I am using XT RR

Attachments

·
Registered
524 Posts
Deity is a whole different company bro lol......they make BMX stuff....some nice MTB stuff too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts