Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to ditch my 9in travel dh race bike for something more versatile this season. the requirements were that it needed to be able to climb some hills but still be able to rip up a bike park. So the search began....working at a bike shop I had plenty of options to choose from Santa Cruz, Specialized, Giant, Ibis etc...

It came down to an SX Trail or the Wildcard. After spending some time on a friend's I knew I had to have one. Now on to the build spec......

Shock: Elka
Fork: Totem coil 1.5
Headset: Cane Creek 110
Bars: Race Face Atlas
Stem: Twenty6
Seat post collar: Twenty6
Pedals: Twenty6 ti prerunners
Brakes: Saint
Drivetrain: X9 shifting and e13 guide w/ 34t
cranks: saint
Hubs:Hadley
Rims: rhyno lites (721s soon to come)
Tires: high roller 2.35 rear muddy mary 2.35 front, both single ply

Build pics as parts arrive

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its finished.....kinda

finally got all the parts for it. going to take it out on its shake down ride tomorrow to get all the suspension dialed in.

Yes I know its obnoxious, that was on purpose. I am just a little bored with the overly color coordinated bike out there. Only things that will change eventually are the rims and seat.

sorry for the bad pics. will get more when I finish breaking it in.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
man i like the look of that. funny that it looks better than an older turner rfx with that 1.5 headtube and the lower standover. that elka should be sweet

·
Roll on Spring Time!
1,547 Posts
Hope you ready. The Wildcard is fast. Exit a corner, get on the gas and it takes off. The harder you ride it the better she runs. I am running 160mm front and 5" setting rear and it takes everything.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah it feels so much more stable and responsive in the 5in setting with the lower bottom bracket and slightly slacker head tube angle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts