Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hollister a few days ago mentioned the ability to check out the Wheelsmith record books, I have a couple old WS wheels I wouldnt mind knowing the details on... Is this still possible?
 

·
velocipede technician
Joined
·
8,877 Posts
am i about to unleash a flood?

post up your serial #'s.i'll do my best,there's some gaps in the records though.im not in the shop for the next few days.need to take a few days off.

my cat died last night:sad:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,153 Posts
hollister said:
post up your serial #'s.i'll do my best,there's some gaps in the records though.im not in the shop for the next few days.need to take a few days off.

my cat died last night:sad:
What shop you at holister? Who bought wheelsmith? Mike's Bikes?
 

·
velocipede technician
Joined
·
8,877 Posts
holden said:
sorry about your cat. we have some strays here in our neighborhood that tick off my dog that I proably could fedex to you.

(trying to cheer you up :D )
thanks:)
made me laugh a little...

i have allways believed that the gods give us darkness so we might see the stars.
all the same im really gonna miss toby
 

·
artistic...
Joined
·
7,636 Posts
hollister said:
post up your serial #'s.i'll do my best,there's some gaps in the records though.im not in the shop for the next few days.need to take a few days off.

my cat died last night:sad:
my condolescences. been there.. cats are wonderfull creatures.
 

·
velocipede technician
Joined
·
8,877 Posts
bushpig said:
Cool. I have 047995 - keen to know about 'em too.
thats the first gold label wheelset ive heard of that starts with a zero.nothin in the books goes back that far,sorry.

edit:found the frame/bike books in a drawer.got a serial numbered frame/bike? i might be able to give you more info on it.

thank you all for the kind words.
 

·
the train keeps rollin
Joined
·
3,214 Posts
I posted this wheel a few months ago. This is probably one of the light MTB wheels they ever built.

Nuke Hub
Bontrager Red Rim
XL15 Spokes

609 grams

In service with home all weather tape,sealant and a Conti Explorer.
 

Attachments

·
velocipede technician
Joined
·
8,877 Posts
actually, youd be surprised

snowdrifter said:
I posted this wheel a few months ago. This is probably one of the light MTB wheels they ever built.

Nuke Hub
Bontrager Red Rim
XL15 Spokes

609 grams

In service with home all weather tape,sealant and a Conti Explorer.
a lot of people got talked outta 15g. 2cross xl15's!:eek:

you weigh 100 pounds wet with boots on?

one of these days i'll tell the story of "the wheel of death"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hollister said:
thats the first gold label wheelset ive heard of that starts with a zero.nothin in the books goes back that far,sorry.

edit:found the frame/bike books in a drawer.got a serial numbered frame/bike? i might be able to give you more info on it.

thank you all for the kind words.
Sorry to hear about your cat.

Mine starts with a zero as well, so I guess Im out of luck. Its from 1982.
 

·
velocipede technician
Joined
·
8,877 Posts
Fillet-brazed said:
Sorry to hear about your cat.

Mine starts with a zero as well, so I guess Im out of luck. Its from 1982.
a lot of the records have been lost over the years.a few of the 3 ring binders were thrown out:mad:

the leather one was stolen. and i think i know by who(im gonna get you)
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top