Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an abused mountain bike that needed rims and pedals. The other parts seem solid. Someone had been jumping the bike which is a low medium quality XC bike. I was given a Vuelta Zerolite Comp MTB wheelset to use if I wanted to replace the damaged ones. Is this wheelset suitable for light to moderate XC type riding? I think they are probably sort of cheap wheels, but if they fit the bill I will use them. I am mainly wanting to know how well they will hold up to normal XC riding. I have never heard of the brand, but they look nice. Here is a link:
http://www.vueltausa.com/products/mtn-wheelsets/zerolite-comp-mountain.htm
Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
they will be fine as long as u dont do anything stupid jumps and hard landings like the previous owner...

like all wheelsets, they will go out of true over time, and depending on the rim quality/spokes on that wheelset, will go out of true sooner or later.

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
Vuelta is pretty solid , fine for xc , keep an eye on spoke tension .

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was wondering because I never saw 24 spoke mtb wheels before annd I wanted to make sure they weren't too fragile for real mtb riding. I mainly ride around the desert in southern Arizona which isn't that stressful on bikes.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
i would worry about 24 spokes, but if they're built well and properly tensioned they should be okay for normal XC riding where u dont do jumps more than a foot. anything more and i'd say your wheels will start to bend exponentially

1 - 5 of 5 Posts