Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
putting together an AM hardtail (456) have everything figured out except i'm torn between 2 sets of wheels, transition revolution 28 or azonic outlaw. Any input, hopefully from people who have tried both, would be greatly appreciated. Not much of a weight or price difference between the 2 so those aren't really deciding factors. I weigh 190 and am kinda hard on my stuff so just trying to get a little more info on how durable people have found both of these to be.

-Luke-

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
b-kul said:
seems kinda odd to get a burly rim like that and then run a 2.1 but you could do it if you want i guess.
for my local trails a 2.1-2.2 in back seems to help out with climbing and acceleration, then a wider front to help the front end hold in the corners, then when i travel elsewhere like arkansas, colorado and utah i'd be running a wide tire on the rear as well. though i may start out with wide front and rear on this build anyway as i hear the 456 is pretty damn good on the climbs anyway

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.