Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hellow have a sequoia elite 105 2018. Stock wheels hubs are very low quality - there is no moisture protection and the freehab body very wobbly. The grease was expelled from it in a few weeks. Pro-lite goro gx wheelset was bought to replace stockwheels. A year passed without problems. But the freehub start crunched. Rear have 2 sealed bearings and 2 cap and cone bearings in freehub. I tried to disassemble it myself. When you remove the cassette, I see a pressed-in bearing and I don't know how to get it out. The axis is not knocked out. It didn't work out to reach the cones. I decided to leave it until better times. I decided to take a new wheelset. My weight is 95 kg and I often travel with ortlib bags 12 liters, which is another 10 kg. I want a strong wheelset with no freehub wobble . Although a couple of years ago I had cannondale Optima Tiagra. The freehab was very wobbly and it was not possible to tune the gears accurately ( stock sequia same). And the spokes also creaked strongly. To replace him, i bought a cheap Shimano wheelset RS010. I traveled for a year and did not know any problems. Freehub wobble was very very litle and no problem with accurate indexing.
Here are a few options - weight doesn't matter.
Shimano WH-RS171
Shimano HB-RS470 and FH-RS470 dt g540
Ritchey Comp Zeta Disc
Dt swiss c/p/e/he/g 1800
https://www.wheelproject.com/

Sory for my bad english馃構

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do i choose from these:
Ritchey Comp Zeta Disc
Fulcrum Racing 5 DB
Fulcrum Racing 6 DB
Once rode on caad optimo tiagra. Instead of poor stock wheels with 24/28 spokes and a formula hub (spokes creaked heavily and freehub body was very wobbly). I bought a cheap 20/24 spokes shimano rs010 wheelset instead. And although I weighed over a hundred kilograms, I had no problems at all. I think the above mentioned wheelsets with 24/24 spokes should in theory not have problems under a weight of 100 kg. Well, I think so. Can you correct me?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.