Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am upgrading my wheels from 26" sunringle charger pro 24h to light-bicycle 33mm hookless DH carbon 32h with hope pro 2 hubs. Question is...my bike (Cannondale Claymore) has syntac x12 axle (12x142). I'm kinda newbee clueless, those Hope hubs will work with my x12 axle right? I'm thinkin that the x12 part is only how it connects on frame, NOT any difference otherwise. Right??

·
Biking Like Crazy!
1,424 Posts
Hope hubs can be converted to 142x12 if it isn't already set-up that way. Are you building the wheels or ordering them built?
Just make sure you order the right rear hub configuration from the start if you can. And yes they will fit your frame.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My current hubs are 142x12. The Hopes i am ordering on the pre built wheelset are 242x12. Just wasn't sure the existing x12 axle would work with new hubs.

You have a Niner WFO 650b? Rode the WFO last weekend - it's on my to get list.

·
Biking Like Crazy!
1,424 Posts
My current hubs are 142x12. The Hopes i am ordering on the pre built wheelset are 242x12. Just wasn't sure the existing x12 axle would work with new hubs.

You have a Niner WFO 650b? Rode the WFO last weekend - it's on my to get list.
Good for getting some carbon wheels. You'll notice a good difference. That's what I have on the 650B WFO and I love them.
35mm wide with tall tires gets me close to a 29er size with less flex and faster acceleration. And in the case of the older WFO a lower BB. ( 13.2 in.)
Going back to your post that's why the axle systems come with the frame or forks cause they can be specific for each but still fit the standard sizes eg.. 20mm fork hubs, or in your case 142x12mm rear hub.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
The x12 is just the type of axle used, its still a 12x142 hub. I could put my 12x142 hub in your frame even though my frame uses a Maxle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts