Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for another set of wheels for my orange Salsa La Cruz. I would like to have one set with commuter tires and another with knobbies. I already have all tires, a fresh cassette, and rotor ready to go. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

·
Down South Yooper
1,010 Posts
You have a PM..

Olyoyster said:
I am looking for another set of wheels for my orange Salsa La Cruz. I would like to have one set with commuter tires and another with knobbies. I already have all tires, a fresh cassette, and rotor ready to go. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.
Plum

·
Enjoyin' life....
293 Posts
With my La Cruz, I just went with some bombproof rims and fairly stout hubs cause I ride that bike pretty much anywhere. Ok, to be honest they were already on hand and unused so they went on the La Cruz so I could ride it. I got them off eBay very cheap. The result of a bored evening surfing the net and a very cheap buy. New, unused,take offs from a new bike. Mavic TN719's with Dirty Flea hubs. They are a bit wide for my 35's but I've really grown to like them and so far on gravel, pavement, paths or rooty singletrack they have been "bombproof". Still true and I'm a bigger guy. The hubs spin better than when I got 'em. Some times you do get lucky.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.