Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You see, I had just decided to accelerate to outrun the competetion. It was at this time (the guns firing exerting maximum force) that my front wheel popped up. Sort of a power wheelie common to 900cc motorcycles. Little did I know a random photographer was catching this debacle.

Attachments

·
Double-metric mtb man
4,482 Posts
nice pic and good story. i love to wheelie! and i find myself doing them through and out of turns all the time. doing it on a SS 29er (32/17) seems to wow people for some reason.
Hehehe...I kinda know that feeling :)

A friend built up a roadie SS for me...an old Raleigh Super Grand Prix...geared 42:16. He didn't believe me that I kept slipping the rear wheel, but he got tired of my asking questions about how tight the hub would let me bolt it down so we found some better washers and bolts to keep it in place...then I was wheelie-ing it off the line at lights. That had him going :eek: when he saw it for the first time!

·
Nickel Havr
1,177 Posts
I can do some nice long fast wheelies standing but I have yet to master the slow sitting wheelie's I see people doing all the time.
Find a wheel chair, pop on a helmet, and practice!
They really teach you the balance point for slow wheelies!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wheelies are a great way to prove you can fall over backwards and humiliate yourself in front of your wife and children.

......Not that it ever happened to me.:D
Yes, I did this once while locked into my new pedals on my new bike in the driveway. It was a very uncool/painful moment. It was a slow-motion fall to my back and right elbow whilst I was thinking "I am going to injure myself severely and my wife will never let me ride again."

·
Registered
100 Posts
I too enjoy lofting the front wheel on my (human powered) bike. Not so much on the motorcycles though. Well maybe a little under full throttle and the right asphalt conditions, with elevation changes.

-Chris

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.