Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So should I be running my rear shock with much more are and damping or are hard tails just better for short jumps off of things? I don't mean this to be a hard tail vs. dualie kind of thing, but I realized that my hard tail goes off and lands without nose down easier than my dualie.

My hard tail is not at all a burley bike compared to my dualie bike.

Thanks.

·
Registered
477 Posts
If you are nosing in it probably means one or both of two things...you are either not leaning far enough back to keep your presumably heavier dualie level, or your rebound is set too fast and it is bucking you...I have a ht and a big bike too and it can be tough for me to switch back and forth since I get used to jumping with one and then the other feels awkward...

·
Registered
180 Posts
NCBigHit said:
If you are nosing in it probably means one or both of two things...you are either not leaning far enough back to keep your presumably heavier dualie level, or your rebound is set too fast and it is bucking you...I have a ht and a big bike too and it can be tough for me to switch back and forth since I get used to jumping with one and then the other feels awkward...
ncbighit, are you from north carolina?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am going through a bit of the same thing. I sold my FR hardtail and bought a 6 and 6 squish bike. I did my first trail ride on the weekend and found myself landing drops (3-4' ish) like I was still on my HT. I was coming down very rear wheel first and slapping my front down.

The thing that taught me how to jump on my HT was learning wheelie drops. I think it taught me the balance point on the bike. I also was able to correct my position on the new fully. I guess my point is that you just need to work on getting that front end up and flattening the bike to your landing. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
yea its

yea its difficult switching back and forth. i do it all the time . i get on my ht an curse it cuz im used to full squish and then when i get on my squish i curse it cuz i can't seem to get any thing right .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.