Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 Racer-x that came with Dt Swiss 4.1 wheels with Onyx hubs. Does Anyone know the weigt on these? I am thinking about buying the 07 Mavis st wheels. I know that the Mavic is UST so that will be some weight there. Anyway Thanks for your help.

Brian

·
Paper or plastic?
10,726 Posts
blooper said:
I have a 05 Racer-x that came with Dt Swiss 4.1 wheels with Onyx hubs. Does Anyone know the weigt on these? I am thinking about buying the 07 Mavis st wheels. I know that the Mavic is UST so that will be some weight there. Anyway Thanks for your help.

Brian
The Onyx are fairly heavy. I would not buy a Mavic wheelset. Instead, I'd buy a custom wheelset with the rims, spokes and hubs that I want. That would make a better, lighter wheel. YMMV.

·
what's that rattle?
324 Posts
blooper said:

Brian
I've got a 4.1d/Onyx wheelset for a Motolite I'm building. With Champion spokes in a 3 cross pattern, the DT Swiss spoke calculator gives me 868g for the front wheel and 1069g for the rear. Certainly not the lightest hubs...going to 240 centerlock hubs and butted spokes gets things down to 752g/874g, which is quite close to the Crossmax ST discs.

Who knows how accurate posted weights on websites are though...:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.