Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awhile back I read that Hunt was producing a new lighter version of the aluminum XC Wide MTB wheels and the reviews seemed to be positive so I ordered a pair and they got here about a month ago.

The wheels sell for 500 a pair and cost 25 for shipping so they are one of these best deal for wheels to begin with but the reason I bought them was for the weight reduction.

My OEM 2021 Giant Performance wheels weigh 2270gr and these wheels from Hunt weigh 1505gr for a total weigh reduction of 765gr plus the micro-spline hub is far superior to OEM.

On the trail they are super fast in a straight line but also incredibly maneuverable in the turns, to the point I need to spend some time suspension tuning and changing air pressures.

Added to the 731 gr weight loss by switching to Conti Race Kings and I've dropped 3.3 pounds in just rims and tires for less than 650.00 - I was also able to resell my factory rims and tires to cut that down to 400.00.

https://us.huntbikewheels.com/products/hunt-race-xc-mtb-wheelset?variant=33272433279021

Attachments

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Thanks for the review, I finally got a shipping notice this morning for a set that will be replacing a 2050g wheel set on my Ranger. I’m looking forward to seeing how they ride and hold up long term. I was between a set of these and going with a btlos wheel set which I still may order in the future.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts