Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
I'm looking for advice for what to buy for a new wheel set. I ride a 2007 Specialized Enduro and have pretty much ruined the stock rims. I am pretty hard on my bike, riding everything from buffed single track to 6-8 ft drops, as long as there is a good landing. I am looking for a resonable price, new or used if someone has something they want to get rid of. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I dont ride hard, although im pretty sketchy, I have sunringle rynolites. They have stood up to everything except my attemps at 180s with no air in the tires, for 150 bucks you cant go wrong...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Big B raining down the hebrew jokes. I did think about custom wheels, but Bill is right, I am way to cheap. Thanks for all the advice, I am thinking about the Outlaws, I don't know much about them, but I have to make a decission soon. Anybody have anything bad to say about them?

·
a dad
2,928 Posts
jeremymuskat said:
Big B raining down the hebrew jokes. I did think about custom wheels, but Bill is right, I am way to cheap. Thanks for all the advice, I am thinking about the Outlaws, I don't know much about them, but I have to make a decission soon. Anybody have anything bad to say about them?
its so fun that even when we don't get to hang out i can rip on you via the internet..

·
long standing member
3,095 Posts
jeremymuskat said:
Hi.
I'm looking for advice for what to buy for a new wheel set. I ride a 2007 Specialized Enduro and have pretty much ruined the stock rims....Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Is there anything wrong with your hubs? If not, and you're satisfied with their performance, then it may be cheaper to just get some new rims laced to your current hubs with new spokes. Strong rims can usually be found fairly cheap as long as you're not too concerned about weight. Nicer, strong rims that are lighter will be a bit more money.

I bet if you shop around or have a local shop that'll work with you on price a little then you could have totally re-built (by hand) wheels that will likely be stronger and more reliable than something like the Outlaws.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
mrpercussive said:
Azonic Outlaws... Cheap and pretty much indestructable...
Totally agree, I know a couple of groms that ride these and they love them. See these on ebay for under $300 a set.

Better yet, relace your hubs to some DT 5.1's, Suns, WTB LaserDisk FR's. or WTB DDFRs. I have the LaserDisk FRs and they are bombproof. Hand-built will be stronger.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
im running forte locos.. basically the same wheel as the azonic outlaws, but they're pinned instead of welded, and 32 hole instead of 36 hole. you save a little weight with the welded rims, and you gain a little weight with the extra spokes and nipples, so i think its a wash..

sealed hubs are awesome. id rather not ever run a loose bearing hub again.

you can hand rebuild a machine built wheel in a couple hours.. it really does make them noticeably stronger and less flexy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.