Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a reasonable price to pay for a set of Bontrager Mustang disk, UST rims on XT disk centerlock hubs with rotors included? All in excellent condition. The rear hub is rebuilt with new internals.

·
a.k.a. BicycleKicks
1,138 Posts
I'll take a shot at this...
The Bontrager Race Lite wheels cost about $500 new with what are unlabeled DT Swiss 340 hubs. These wheels weigh a claimed 1820g without the rimstrips. Mine weigh 1900g WITH the rimstrips. They have 28 holes and use 2.0/1.8 double butted spoked.

I think your rim is the same, but I think the XT hubs are not as good as the DT Swiss. So maybe the set in question is most similar to the Bontrager Race TLR disk which cost $300 new.

If this is reasonable, and the wheels really are in great shape, then maybe they're worth 70% of new, or about $210-225?? Add a bit more for the rotors I guess.

Check out the wheels on pricepoint and other places. You can probably find something very similar to compare.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.