Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2009 Giant Rincon and ridden several times. A couple of weeks ago I noticed my front tire was rubbing against the disc brake. I took it to the LBS and they said the brake line got stretched. I took it home and tried it out (rode it down the driveway and everything appeared fine). Today I was getting my bike to go riding and I noticied the same problem as before. The front wheel rubs the disc brake when it is spinning. The problem isn't major, but the wheel definitely loses some momentum. Is this an easy fix? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
What disc Brakes are they exactly? Simple and only fix really is to just turn the pad alignment out on the side that is touching.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick repsonse. The brakes are Tektro 1.0 Mechanical Disc. How exactly do you "turn the pad alignment out on the side that is touching"? I am sure this is rather easy, but apparently I am missing something.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Look here: http://www.tektro.com/04support/pdf/IO-English.pdf
(Tektro owner manual for IO). For all I understand, you need to adjust the clearance between the pads and rotor. Figure out, which pad is rubbing (just by looking at the pads, you may use a sheet of white paper as a background to see better), then use the pad adjuster to move it farther away from the rotor, making the clearance ~0,3 mm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts