Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All--
I'm new to this forum, but have a question. I got a 2008 Stumpjumper FSR 29er at a great price, but am considering upgrading the DT470 wheels with the Mavic C29ssmax. AFAIK, the Mavics are lighter and might help acceleration a bit. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

The price is right on the Mavics right now.

Love the 29er, BTW--really helps in this sandy junk in New Jersey!

·
Vaginatarian
5,686 Posts
Mavics are allright, Ive had some burping issues with my 26" version, but overall they ride well. the hubs require extra maintaince and the warranty doesnt cover much.
Ive been using Stans Flow rims on the 29er and am very impressed, tough, stiff ,easy tire mounting and no burping

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks--

I'll check those out. I've had great luck with Mavic's on my road bikes over the years, and was told the c29ssmax was relatively maintenance free.

I was more concerned with inertial weight. In other words, if the stock DT470s are much heavier at the rim than the Mavic's, it would make sense to upgrade. If not, I might as well hang onto them for a while.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that's not good then..I'll have to test them, I guess...

:madman:
bdcombs said:
mavics are pretty darn noodley. They are really soft, i tried my friends out and I couldn't deal with them. He just sold them for that very reason, he weighs about 150#

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.