Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Building up my first fat bike wheelset (built plenty of 26 and 29 wheels). Planning to use 9zero7 hubs (based on comments in an earlier thread), Surly Marge Lite wheels. Plan is to run a 4" tire. Goal is to drop weight, will go tubeless. Any comments on the wheels? Suggestions for a light tire?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Price and weight. The Marge Lites are listing at 650g, and the carbon rims are only listing 50g lighter, so my guess would be that they are ball-park 100g lighter, but $160 for the Marge Lite, and $400+ for carbon.

·
1,711 Posts
If you want to try a pretty light tire and for a steal... I believe bikes direct is still doing their 2 for $70 on the 4" VeeTire Vee 8's. Just under 1400 grams.

https://forums.mtbr.com/fat-bikes/new-fat-tire-veerubber-vee8-835915.html

FATBIKE TIRE SPECIAL

For loyal followers/newsletter members only:

VeeRubber 120TPI folding tires
Either VEE 8 or MISSION models

only $69.95 a pair delivered 48 states {$79.95 in AK & HI}

To order, simply send an email titled "Fat Bike Tire Special" to [email protected]
We'll reply with a Paypal money request at this ridiculous price!

THIS IS FOR A PAIR! Not just a single tire; we know the price is insane, but hey it IS a promo deal!!

·
1,711 Posts
Good info, I'll send an email and see if it's still on.
I haven't seen them announce it's over. They took a good 3 or 4 hours to respond to me. Shipping was pretty fast though as I'm getting them delivered today and bought late last week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.