Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to build up some nextie wheels and would like to get my spoke lengths verified. I used the prowheelbuilder.com spoke length calculator. I am doing a set of 27.5" Hope Pro 2 EVO, ERD = 541. I came up with these lengths, Front wheel: 260 & 262. Rear wheel: 261 & 260. I am also doing 1 29" Hope Pro 2 EVO, Front, ERD = 579. I got lengths of 279 & 280. The last set I am doing is a 29" Hope Pro 4, ERD = 579. I calculated; Front: 279 & 280 and Rear: 279 & 280. I rounded these numbers up if they were over .5 and down if they were under .5. I am planning to use Sapim Race spokes and Sapim Polyax 12mm nipples. This is my first go at wheel building so any information is appreciated.

·
Yay! Bikes !
1,761 Posts
the best way to confirm would be manually measure the rim ERD and plug that number into your calculator of choice.

I only say that because though Hope has been around forever and their hub dimensions are well known and check out, new school crabon rim mfgs can't say the same.

I recently build two pairs of lightbicycle rims and found their published ERD to be incorrect. I'm not saying Netxie is incorrect, I've not used them.

Measure twice, cut once.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
the best way to confirm would be manually measure the rim ERD and plug that number into your calculator of choice.

I only say that because though Hope has been around forever and their hub dimensions are well known and check out, new school crabon rim mfgs can't say the same.

I recently build two pairs of lightbicycle rims and found their published ERD to be incorrect. I'm not saying Netxie is incorrect, I've not used them.

Measure twice, cut once.
What he said. Don't buy the spokes without measuring the rim 1st

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any recommendations on sites with good prices for spokes? I was looking at bikehubstore.com and they seemed to have decent prices with 10% off now until Jan 2nd. Also how do you measure the ERD of a rim? Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts