Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a 2020 Levo Turbo Expert tricked out with a 170mm Fox 38, Magura MT5 eSTOP brakes, Cascade link, Planet 3, Thompson Elite stem, etc. It has the stock Butcher tires. I'm experimenting with a mullet plus wheelset...29x3.0 DHF front and 27.5x2.8 DHF rear, flipping the suspension into the high position. Just curious what folks are running on their Levos?

· This place needs an enema
17,703 Posts
I recently got a 2020 Levo Turbo Expert tricked out with a 170mm Fox 38, Magura MT5 eSTOP brakes, Cascade link, Planet 3, Thompson Elite stem, etc. It has the stock Butcher tires. I'm experimenting with a mullet plus wheelset...29x3.0 DHF front and 27.5x2.8 DHF rear, flipping the suspension into the high position. Just curious what folks are running on their Levos?
Are your rims wide enough for those tires?

· E-Moderator
1,045 Posts
Tires are a personal thing and dependent on where you ride. I ride in So Cal and my choice of tires are from Maxxis F Assegai EXO + 29x2.6 and R Aggressor DD 27.5 x 2.5. I find ebikes goes thru rear tires fast and will pinch flat a tire in no time. I choose a rear tire with DD casing and I find the Aggressor grip good enough, but they last a lot longer then just about most tires out there.

· Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tires are a personal thing and dependent on where you ride. I ride in So Cal and my choice of tires are from Maxxis F Assegai EXO + 29x2.6 and R Aggressor DD 27.5 x 2.5. I find ebikes goes thru rear tires fast and will pinch flat a tire in no time. I choose a rear tire with DD casing and I find the Aggressor grip good enough, but they last a lot longer then just about most tires out there.
I'm in NorCal and where I live conditions are similar to the Socal riding I've done. Have you ever tried plus size tires on your ebike?

· E-Moderator
1,045 Posts
I'm in NorCal and where I live conditions are similar to the Socal riding I've done. Have you ever tried plus size tires on your ebike?
Maxxis DHR 27.5x2.8. I loved the tire, very expensive, but the biggest issue I had was keeping the side walls from pinching or rocks cutting them. I tried 4 2.8" tires and all had this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.