Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie Post:

I've been riding a hardtail (and front!) since forever. It was a top quality bike at the dawn of suspension and still handles really well. I'm riding mostly trails and XC (Eastern PA), I love the responsiveness, how it climbs, etc.
...I'm finally considering a full suspension rig and have done a lot of lurking lately.

I'm wondering what the reaction is to the Speaclized gizmo called The Brain. Seems like a gimmick, and no one seems to able to adequately explain (in real terms, not in sales-speak) how it works.
I like the idea of a full suspension bike with the climbing ability (well mostly) of a hardtail, but this thing seems like a gimmick to stay away from. Who remembers elliptical chain rings and pet rocks?

I rode a 2004 Spec Enduro and thought it was a total blast, though totally different than my current bike. It's like there are no more mt bikes...now it has to fit into a pigeonhole XC, FR,DH, or whatever.

Thanks for any info.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.