Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me! just ordered a set of panaracer xc pro! had great reviews over here in Europe! :thumbsup: however Maxxis are getting excellent reviews as of late!

·
Just Wanna Ride!
1,374 Posts
I'm riding a set of the new Resolution 2.1s with the new tread pattern and really like em. I've had lots of tires and these offer a pretty good balance of rolling resistance, and grip. The new treads are more open that the Adrenalines or old Resolutions so they shed mud fairly well - not as well as a dedicated mud tire, but they clean out pretty well.

Grip is very predictable in all but super slimy conditions where not many tires that will hook up.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I am still running my Kenda Nevegal/Blue Groove and it seems to be ok at the mo. The rear is looking a liitle tired, as the knobs are worn down a little which might be reason enough to get some new ones! That said, I have not lost any confidence in them and it has been pretty damn wet here in the UK of late....

·
Registered
69 Posts
Haven't tried that model yet. The stock Specialized adrenaline tires have been great so far this winter but I just put on a pair of Paneracer Cinders for a review I am writing up and they are an excellent all weather/condition tire. If you look at the tread of the Cinder and the xc pro you will see that the xc pro have a smaller center block so they will probably roll better but you might not get the same traction bite that I have found with the Cinder.
I would have also recommended looking at Specialized's FAST TRAK tires

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've had the panaracer fire xc pro 2.1s for five months on my stumpy and have loved them. I went through the sidewalls of the reso's quick. The fire pros have held up really well and are like glue climbing compared to the resos. They do roll a lot faster. I think i'll give the cinders a shot next, but i really like the fires a lot. I ride mostly hardpack with lots of rocks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.