Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My seated setup has changed a little over the season.

thought i would share.

if your tall, what is your setup and bike.

6'6" - 2018 xxl stumpjumper.

40" or 101.6 cm from top of pedal to top of the seat (center)

Seat tube angle as passing through the middle of the seat to center of bb was roughly measured at 74.5 degrees

175mm cranks.

Note:
The seat tube angle can vary hugely depending on what point on the seat you measure.
I will update this thread later by just making a measurement from the front /tip of the seat to the center of the bb (as that is pretty consistent way to measure)
I will also post the length and type of seat.

·
Registered
162 Posts
6’5” here and 1055mm top of pedal to top of saddle. I could go a touch higher but that’s with my seatpost maxed out on my XL Pole Taival. 74deg seat tube.

Being ~260mm above most stack measurements means I want to know the actual seat tube angles of these new frames and it seems to be pretty much unobtainable any more. A 76deg effective seat tube can quickly become less than 74 at my heights at that’s too far rearward for the riding I do

·
CEO Product Failure
2,403 Posts
I'm 6' tall.
31.5" from top of saddle to center of BB.
Shoes are Sidis, pedals are Time ATACs.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
I'm 6’3” with a 37” inseam.

I recently scored a 2022 Trek Fuel EX XXL in October on a random phone call to my local bike shop. They had ordered it in May 2020 and it had just shown up.

I only got out on 2 short rides before it snowed, so I’m really excited about next summer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.