Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Retro Grouch
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So you’ve got your bike together and everything is working pretty much as it should. If you had the money, what would be next? I’m guessing most people would be like me and want a better wheel set. My current set is some Mavic 519’s laced to a Novatec rear and Real front; they’re bullet proof but weigh about 6 lbs with tires :eekster: I heard a lot about good things about the new Stan’s no-tube rims and I’m thinking the Hugi hubs. How about you?

Attachments

·
King Pin
1,247 Posts
Real

I just bought another Real front disc hub to go on the Vulture.....she'll be able to take a 26 or 29er now. Fourteen bucks on Fleabay. I LOVE the Real brand hubs.....build up nice and tight with DT's and Delgado/Semi rims.

Smooth. My Paul/Real front hubs both spin for a solid six minutes whilst the bike is upside down and wheel given a good spin. Surly's are good for about two minutes.

My latest upgrade (??) involved bolting up a brand new Reba on the Monkey at noon today. Haven't run a squishy fork for several years, so the jury is still out.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
me too!!

SlowSSer said:
the only potential upgrades are a brooks saddle for the SS steeds.
I stuck a brooks on my SS yesterday....limited edition green with copper rivets and rails. Man this saddle really outclasses its rider!

·
B****es!
40 Posts
I'm eyeing the new SS Hope Pro II hubs or possibly a Black Sheep Ti fork to "smoothen" out the ride and loose some weight.

The Brooks saddle with the copper rivets and rails are nice! You wouldn't think so, but they are pretty comfy.

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
I just fitted some Eclipse Tubelesskits to the bike with my Hutchinson Spider UST tyres which have made things a lot more comfortable!

I'm going to get myself a Boone 32T ring and a set of Avid Juicy Carbon brakes, then I think the bike is finished! :thumbsup:

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
after yesterdays 29er socal ride, i want hugh's bike!

it was the first time i met Hugh and he had the nerve to show up on a brand new bike that was sick.....he is clearly a selfish man who does not care about the peer pressure inflicted on others by riding such a beast. other than that, a great guy :)

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
FoShizzle said:
after yesterdays 29er socal ride, i want hugh's bike!

it was the first time i met Hugh and he had the nerve to show up on a brand new bike that was sick.....he is clearly a selfish man who does not care about the peer pressure inflicted on others by riding such a beast. other than that, a great guy :)
Oooh sounds nice, what's Hugh's bike then?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.