Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

What's with no one carrying tools?

11K views 140 replies 51 participants last post by  KarateChicken 
Myself and most everyone I know carries tools, spare link, etc and they really don't take up much space at all.

I also carry a medical kit that includes a few drugs as well. Which I find interesting most people who even carry tools don't carry basic injury patching gear.

There's something to be said for supporting irresponsible behavior in other riders... don't do it.

I'll stop and help someone who's hurt all day. But fix YOUR flat? Have fun walking out, maybe that'll teach em. Not trying to be a dick about it, but personal responsibility imo is a prerequisite for this activity.

Haha now that picture is flippin funny!

I said it before, I'll say it again. You keep reinforcing peoples bad behavior, you can't expect change.

I'll always stop and ask, but really if you aren't hurt, bleeding or your bike is broke in half... come on? You went out into the (semi) wilderness with no tools or forethought? Maybe you'll learn after your walk out.

The more irresponsible behavior is reinforced and supported, the least likely it becomes to change into what should be responsible awareness.

I'm gonna' call BS on that. Can a felon who's paid his dues join the military with a waiver? Yes. They go in the military in lieu of prison for a criminal conviction? No f'n way.
Oh yes big time way. Look it up.

Though often these are first time offenders of a young age that may not necessarily go to prison, but non the less...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.