Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kona Process? Selling out, the shop says they cant get any more in. Norco Sight? Same story, no more bikes coming in. The Santa Cruz Bronson is still in stock but the dealer warned of the same issue when this batch sells out. By the time I have the funds it sounds like there might not be any bikes left to buy!

Is it just that the 27B craze was bigger than any of the manufacturers foresaw?

·
Registered
434 Posts
curious were are you located? i recently got a bronson and i was also looking at a kona process nd norco sight. here in socal i was easily able to find a lbs that carried them so i could see them in person.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The Process is a hot bike with a Aluminum Frame and highly praised. They just can not make them fast enough. Kona is not like the larger companies- trek, giant etc who pump out a lot of bikes. I just picked my Process 134 up in a large this past weekend. The rep at the LBS was telling me that his Kona distributor is saying it will not be until 2015 before they get any more. I was one of the lucky ones to have it pre-ordered in time. Took my bike almost 4 months to arrive.

Good Luck on your hunt. Around here a store may have a medium process left, but larges are out of the question.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Many companies are forecasting demand in mind with the intent on having a slightly smaller inventory. While it can be frustrating for consumers to essentially have their dream bike sold out by May/June, it does allow bike companies to actually sell out of their inventory vs. having a surplus at the end of the year. An end of the year surplus is bad for them b/c they have to heavily discount everything simply so that they can make space in their warehouses for the next years product (which has already been trickling in since July). I would imagine that smaller companies deal with this problem a lot due to potentially smaller warehouse space.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I suppose jumping on a 2015 in late summer/early fall wouldn't be a bad solution. It means keeping the old POS rolling a bit longer is all. Ill just have to keep an ear to the ground for the new releases.

·
Registered
121 Posts
This is why I ordered my Santa Cruz 5010C in December. Just to be safe.
Although it was HELL seeing it sit in my basement for three months while the trails dried.

·
www.EpicCyclist.com
245 Posts
Don't worry about it, I hear that next year we will have a new standard that will revolutionize the bike industry. All 2014 bike will be obsolete :D
Kona Process? Selling out, the shop says they cant get any more in. Norco Sight? Same story, no more bikes coming in. The Santa Cruz Bronson is still in stock but the dealer warned of the same issue when this batch sells out. By the time I have the funds it sounds like there might not be any bikes left to buy!

Is it just that the 27B craze was bigger than any of the manufacturers foresaw?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts