Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
orthonormal
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No threads about them, haven't seen them for sale on line or the local IH dealer (Performance).

·
Registered
121 Posts
Speedub.Nate said:
I hear they're delayed for a few months for a last minute tweak of the frame design, possibly until June or July. Anyone got anything official?
I asked the guys at Sea Otter Classic and heard "Memorial Day." Still going to be an 05 bike (so 05 components).

·
NoTubes.com
600 Posts
spinjocky said:
I asked the guys at Sea Otter Classic and heard "Memorial Day." Still going to be an 05 bike (so 05 components).
Can anyone say "growing pains?" Seems like IH has been having a rough go of it this year with the changing image and growth. I'm sure they'll pull through but the delayed deliveries have to be taking a toll.

·
Industry Loudmouth
964 Posts
Production was delayed on the Azure due to frame delivery probs. Since it was dragging out so long we opted to incorporate the '06 frame changes into the production. So, the bikes will be 06 frames w/ 05 parts. Assembly is next week in Taiwan. Dante is flying over there to check it out this weekend.

Here's a sneak peek for ya'll.

-ska todd

·
NoTubes.com
600 Posts
ska todd said:
The 21" Team model came in at just over 26lb.

-ska todd
Any chance you guys will do an anodized finish on the future frames? I haven't rebuilt my 7.7 yet but if there is one nit to pick it is the quality of the paint. Time will tell how it wears but I am concerned.

Azure would complement my 7.7 very nicely for the XC days.

·
Registered
578 Posts
ska todd said:
Production was delayed on the Azure due to frame delivery probs. Since it was dragging out so long we opted to incorporate the '06 frame changes into the production. So, the bikes will be 06 frames w/ 05 parts. Assembly is next week in Taiwan. Dante is flying over there to check it out this weekend.

Here's a sneak peek for ya'll.

-ska todd
i'll take two!

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
I gotta say, I really liked the swooping lines of the original go around -- it gave the bike a somewhat unique signature.

There is something about the look of the new frame though that looks a bit more polished and lightweight.

Whatever the case, it's good there's finally going to be a purpose-built dw-link XC race rig available.

·
Crawlin' like a Crawfish!
178 Posts
swoop

The new "sneak peak" is sad. The curvy original had me sold. I can see from a production standpoint that it is much cheaper to build in straight pipes than custom bending. Too bad though, you guys really "did" have something.

·
New project, TBA shortly
1,024 Posts
zoo00oom said:
The new "sneak peak" is sad. The curvy original had me sold. I can see from a production standpoint that it is much cheaper to build in straight pipes than custom bending. Too bad though, you guys really "did" have something.
ha, too funny, when the 7POINTs and Sundays were released people were b*tching about the curved top tubes on the 7POINT and liked the Sunday's straight TT better. now people are complaining about the straight top tube on the Azure and upset that it changed from the curvy design. all I can say is that it wasn't done for astetic purposes. the straight top tube is lighter and stiffer than the curved design.

hope this helps, if I'm a bit quiet next week I'll be 13 time-zones away from the office. :D

·
Crawlin' like a Crawfish!
178 Posts
not me buddy!

Dante, you never heard not one complaint, whatsoever, about the 7 points and Sundays designs from me.
I thought the new curving tubes on your line was dramatic, in a good way. I still like it, but the curves really seperated the mkIII and azures from stuff like jamis and giant. I guess I get drawn to the old skool curvy stuff (60's cruisers), and I thought that's where you guys were leaning. Eye candy only goes so far though and the ride will be the real deal.
I live so far from a stocking Iron Horse dealer it's not funny, so I haven't got to sit on anything from your new line. The only one I saw in person was Vulcan's ride sitting in BigAl's showroom. And Vulcan, no, I did not violate your cool ride! ;) But I did think about it, alot!

·
New project, TBA shortly
1,024 Posts
that's cool, but you know the saying, you can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time. :D astetic design is definitely important, but not as important as weight, functionality, stiffness, etc. besides, once you ride the bike you'll be so enamoured by the ride that you'll be looking ahead and not looking at the bike. ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.