Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an FSA square taper crank and need a 68x113 BB. Amclassics is about $120 and SINZ have a hollow ti spindle, 3 bearing, carbon shell for $79. I know it is in the BMX stuff but it fits and works ok on MTB according to VSI. Any thoughts pro or con? They also have a lightweight headset. And BTW, no I don't work for them, have no reason to ask other than I am building up a light HT and am looking for cheaper parts.

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,939 Posts
Assuming its a 2 degree JIS square taper on the spindle it'll work fine. I looked at the BB you mentioned and the "carbon shell" is just basically there to hold a couple o-rings and keep someone from installing the cups too tight into the frame and putting too much preload into the cartridge bearings (as used to happen with say, Syncros Ti BBs). Real BB's used an aluminium center tube for the same purpose. The 3 bearings will be the same as FSA and Syncros 3 bearing BBs... 2 standard sized cartridge bearings on the drive side (back to back) and one on the non-drive side. BB makers used to claim it was stronger/better but in practice made little difference. I've gone years with my Syncros 2-bearing setups (my oldest Ti spindle itself is now 15 years old) which are lighter without issues.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
ol-crank® said:
I have an FSA square taper crank and need a 68x113 BB. Amclassics is about $120 and SINZ have a hollow ti spindle, 3 bearing, carbon shell for $79. I know it is in the BMX stuff but it fits and works ok on MTB according to VSI. Any thoughts pro or con? They also have a lightweight headset. And BTW, no I don't work for them, have no reason to ask other than I am building up a light HT and am looking for cheaper parts.
Neat, if these work with MTB cranks they look like good alternative, where to buy?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.