Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Bum Buzzer
Joined
·
1,992 Posts
You guys really like the rampage? I mean uber hucks can be fun, but I figured people had 'moved on' from that type of stuff.

Variety is good though, and the more types of events makes the big picture nizer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
Huck Banzai said:
You guys really like the rampage? I mean uber hucks can be fun, but I figured people had 'moved on' from that type of stuff.

Variety is good though, and the more types of events makes the big picture nizer.
Uber Hucks? Moved on? Moved to slopestyle? Nothing can ever compare to the Rampage as far as difficulty goes. Have you been there, tried to ride it. Thats the real deal, not some hand shaped mountainside with some dubs and stunts. I'm pretty bummed out that people have "moved on" from that style. THAT IS FREERIDING. And thats that. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
 

·
Bum Buzzer
Joined
·
1,992 Posts
D-line said:
Uber Hucks? Moved on? Moved to slopestyle? Nothing can ever compare to the Rampage as far as difficulty goes. Have you been there, tried to ride it. Thats the real deal, not some hand shaped mountainside with some dubs and stunts. I'm pretty bummed out that people have "moved on" from that style. THAT IS FREERIDING. And thats that. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Well then - clealry opinions diverge.

Nothing can ever compare as far as difficulty? Chuck, find your way to the next cliff, chuck, next, chuck. There are some technical transfers there, and I dont underestimate the skill needed to go big, but it boils down to a ChuckFest.

Sure its fun, but wow.

Yes - Ill answer my own question: people have moved on, and are no longer impressed with amplitude for its own sake. Bigger does not necessaerily mean/require more skill.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
Huck Banzai said:
Well then - clealry opinions diverge.

Nothing can ever compare as far as difficulty? Chuck, find your way to the next cliff, chuck, next, chuck. There are some technical transfers there, and I dont underestimate the skill needed to go big, but it boils down to a ChuckFest.

Sure its fun, but wow.

Yes - Ill answer my own question: people have moved on, and are no longer impressed with amplitude for its own sake. Bigger does not necessaerily mean/require more skill.
Well no it doesn't, but to do it smooth, and with style does. It's the same thing with moto's, freestyle comps are where it's at, but don't you feel that you've seen the same freestyle runs for the last 4 years. Amplitude is still there though, and impressive. A 360 off a 20 by 20 foot gap, backflips off huge drops, or any tricks for that matter. You can't tell me that it would be the same as doing it off of smaller stuff. Because it's not.
 

·
My arm hurts a little
Joined
·
1,471 Posts
zachdank said:
He is fighting in the UFC this weekend, against Marvin the "Beastman" Eastman.
HAHA that's what I thought to.

Red Bull got to BIG, to many people f'ing land up so the Man shut the event down. That's pretty much the story.
 

·
Now with flavor!!
Joined
·
5,613 Posts
Huck Banzai said:
but it boils down to a ChuckFest.
Watch Michael Mariosi's, Gee atherton's, Greg Minnar's or Glyn O'brian's runs.

Those guys tore the sh1t out of that place and placed well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,382 Posts
Huck Banzai said:
Well then - clealry opinions diverge.

Nothing can ever compare as far as difficulty? Chuck, find your way to the next cliff, chuck, next, chuck. There are some technical transfers there, and I dont underestimate the skill needed to go big, but it boils down to a ChuckFest.

Sure its fun, but wow.

Yes - Ill answer my own question: people have moved on, and are no longer impressed with amplitude for its own sake. Bigger does not necessaerily mean/require more skill.
just shut da fuk up.
 

·
Bum Buzzer
Joined
·
1,992 Posts
kidwoo said:
Watch Michael Mariosi's, Gee atherton's, Greg Minnar's or Glyn O'brian's runs.

Those guys tore the sh1t out of that place and placed well.
Oh - no doubt - let me not poop pon the skills - not my point, just the riding type in general. We outgrew Bender, we outgrew Rampage.

Allot of riders think just hitting those lines at all make it 'freeride' - sure - if you hit it in the form of the above listed guys.

And Master Jako - lik my harry krak fatso!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,382 Posts
Huck Banzai said:
Oh - no doubt - let me not poop pon the skills - not my point, just the riding type in general. We outgrew Bender, we outgrew Rampage.

Allot of riders think just hitting those lines at all make it 'freeride' - sure - if you hit it in the form of the above listed guys.

And Master Jako - lik my harry krak fatso!!
you smell!
 
1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top