Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a new guide for next year's ride and my first choice was MRP. It seems that alot of models have been discontinued, or really, really tough to get. Or the places that you would think that carry them aren't carrying them or as many variaitions anymore.

Is MRP not making as many guides available ? Are they getting out of MTB and concentrating on MX (Fastway) ? Does anybody know what is going on with them ?

I am planning on using a 104/4arm ISCG Mount Slalom System 2. Note that this is NOT an invitation to "who has one for sale", I would use the classifieds for that. What I am really asking is, is it worth pursuing if they are not going to be available anymore or difficult to get.

I know that the E-13 comes very highly rated and I am very much considering it, but I am just not in the position to be able to look at one before buying it, so I am a bit hesitant to buy one. This is by no means a criticism of their product, it's just nice to be able to look at an important, and to a certain extent, complicated and intricate part of your drivetrain before you buy it.

Sometimes it really sucks when you are in a smaller city and it's a chore sometimes just to find a stem, handlebar, or fork...

And I have read the recent posts on the MRP vs E-13, but that's not really so much the question. If the MRPs just won't be around anymore, I'll take a chance on the E-13. Still, I'd like to know what's going on with them...

·
eci
2,712 Posts
mrp is now owned by EKO sports. who they are i have no clue. But their website isnt as good and their customer service now stinks!!!. I have an mrp bones and love it and had a lrp and loved it. But the way i was treated by their CS when i called last time stunk. I will buy only e13 from here on out.

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
LT1 said:
I've been looking for a new guide for next year's ride and my first choice was MRP. It seems that alot of models have been discontinued, or really, really tough to get. Or the places that you would think that carry them aren't carrying them or as many variaitions anymore.

Is MRP not making as many guides available ? Are they getting out of MTB and concentrating on MX (Fastway) ? Does anybody know what is going on with them ?

I am planning on using a 104/4arm ISCG Mount Slalom System 2. Note that this is NOT an invitation to "who has one for sale", I would use the classifieds for that. What I am really asking is, is it worth pursuing if they are not going to be available anymore or difficult to get.

I know that the E-13 comes very highly rated and I am very much considering it, but I am just not in the position to be able to look at one before buying it, so I am a bit hesitant to buy one. This is by no means a criticism of their product, it's just nice to be able to look at an important, and to a certain extent, complicated and intricate part of your drivetrain before you buy it.

Sometimes it really sucks when you are in a smaller city and it's a chore sometimes just to find a stem, handlebar, or fork...

And I have read the recent posts on the MRP vs E-13, but that's not really so much the question. If the MRPs just won't be around anymore, I'll take a chance on the E-13. Still, I'd like to know what's going on with them...
One reason for you not being able to find a guide is their probably going to phase out the System1 & 2, as they have a new guide coming out. Saw it at Sea Otter, looks cool.

·
Registered
375 Posts
snowskilz said:
mrp is now owned by EKO sports. who they are i have no clue. But their website isnt as good and their customer service now stinks!!!. I have an mrp bones and love it and had a lrp and loved it. But the way i was treated by their CS when i called last time stunk. I will buy only e13 from here on out.
Your kidding, right?

Eko sport has better customer service than any companyI have dealt with in the entire industry. What happened when you called them?

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
i was told by some shop dude that all if not most guide companies were gunna bring out plastic ones like the patiented evil guide...

true...or is he a moron... :confused:

One reason for you not being able to find a guide is their probably going to phase out the System1 & 2, as they have a new guide coming out. Saw it at Sea Otter, looks cool.

·
user-created
3,174 Posts
snowskilz said:
Eko Sports is based here in Grand Junction, they own White Brothers, MRP, Krietler Rollers, Power Grips [yeah, those pedal strap things] and a few other random brands.

I've never had any problems with cust. service, but then I can just go down there an talk to um.

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
BJ- said:
i was told by some shop dude that all if not most guide companies were gunna bring out plastic ones like the patiented evil guide...

true...or is he a moron... :confused:
Just gonna have to wait and see. But what I saw didn't have allot of plastic in the body, just the bashguard.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
...ok then...

.WestCoastHucker. said:
get the evil guide.... you'll wonder why it took you this long.......
...I had a chance to think about it over the weekend and it looks like it's E-13 for me. At least the E-13 product is out there while MRP hasn't said a thing about their new guides. It just looks like everyone is running down their MRP inventory without a word of what's new.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts