Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I tried to check out the Mickey Mouse trail (I think it was the right trail) in the Salmon Falls area and about a half mile down from the top there was a shiny new no tresspassing sign in the middle of the trail with some threatning remarks written on the sighn in black marker by the owner. Does this trail go across private property or am I missing something here? I could see that going to the right off the trail at this sign might take one down to the Rattlesnake Rd. area which is where this guys lists his property as being. But the trail to the left of the sign looks like it stays on public land? Any info would be great. Thanks

·
OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
6,153 Posts
Drinking binges

rocdog said:
Hey all, I tried to check out the Mickey Mouse trail (I think it was the right trail) in the Salmon Falls area and about a half mile down from the top there was a shiny new no tresspassing sign in the middle of the trail with some threatning remarks written on the sighn in black marker by the owner. Does this trail go across private property or am I missing something here? I could see that going to the right off the trail at this sign might take one down to the Rattlesnake Rd. area which is where this guys lists his property as being. But the trail to the left of the sign looks like it stays on public land? Any info would be great. Thanks
When the owner is off the bottle he's totally cool. But when he starts drinking then watch out. It's kind of like Russian Roulette on a bike, or that one Dirty Harry movie "Do you feel Lucky Punk?"

It's Private Property but enforcement has been odd and sporadic to say the least.

·
weekend worrier
562 Posts
I rode Mickey Mouse yesterday only to discover the rather threatening No Trespassing sign halfway down the trail. I believe the sign said, "If you ride this trail, I will be waiting for you at the bottom." Ideally, there should be a warning sign at the top near the shotgun blasted Fiat X1/9 carcass to warn people that the trail leads to private property so they don't get halfway down and have to turn around. :(

·
Registered
286 Posts
That's a clever strategy by that guy!! That would make me think twice about continuing down... unless I had a bottle of Jack Daniels to offer him as a toll!

I guess I'll be staying off that trail... and just ride the "other one".

·
weekend worrier
562 Posts
Does anyone know of alternate ways to get to the 2nd part of Mickey Mouse that don't involve trespassing on private property? Otherwise, I wouldn't ride all the way up Flagstaff just to stare at that fine piece of Italian mid-engined exotica. :sad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.