Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
3 "fiddy" for short
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or are you too getting tired of receiving a mag in the mail that feels like it is packed full of "interesting" info only to find that there are, count 'um, 32 pages of KHS ads? Very similar to the Ellsworth pile from the month before. Just give us some UNBIASED info to ponder for a while and not the usual know it all attitude...... why do I even bother?

·
Start slow and taper off
790 Posts
Its called MONEY

and ads are how they get it. The bigger and more pages of ads, the more money they get. I solved the problem when I stopped buying the magazine 8 years ago. :D

·
Super Moderator
48,237 Posts
neveride said:
and ads are how they get it. The bigger and more pages of ads, the more money they get. I solved the problem when I stopped buying the magazine 8 years ago. :D
Yup. MBA has always included the complete catalog of a few companies as ads around this time of year. It pays the bills.

·
Registered
751 Posts
i thought it was pretty cool actually. i don't think it takes away at all from the content pages, and its fun to check out what some of these companies offer. to have a complete product catalog included in an issue is a nice bonus.

·
Just passing through....
1,331 Posts
I have no problem with it. I looked at the kids models for Christmas and ignored the rest. If KHS wants to pay the money for the ad, thats up to them.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
just get bike instead. anything in mba that isnt ads is crap anyways...

·
a.k.a. MTBMaven
1,750 Posts
I agree, but what about

MBA's constant ass kissing of Titus? Seems that every issues is touting Titus as the best thing sense sliced bread. Clearly RC is friends with the Titus guy. Titus makes great bikes (case in point: Quasi Moto), but to feature a Titus bike in nearly every issue is getting ridiculous.

·
3 "fiddy" for short
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't have a problem with MBA selling ad space at all. As stated earlier it pays the bills. But, what gets me is that when you get an issue in the mail and think that you were rewarded by RC's ego and got a larger issue only to find that it is yet another ad. 32 pages of ads for the same company in the same issue is far from normal when you are talking about print advertising. OH well, just another day I guess. Dead issue.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts