Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up everyone. Livin in Northern Illinois and bored as hell. I manage a prototyping factory and started my own little TIG shop on the side. I started riding almost 2 years ago. When it isn't snowing or raining, I'm almost always hittin the trails. I am wanting to start producing my own line of product and am looking at starting with hubs. I am doing a little research on it but can't get much feed back from a form. I could use as much info on them as possible. How many different sizes are there? ...different spoke sizes and count?..etc. All useful information is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
You have to decide if you want to do multi-speed or SS. If SS, cassette or thread on. Thread on SS and fixed gear is going to be the easiest place to start. Next choice is bearings. Sealed, non-adjustable bearings are going to be the easiest. If you could make them work with a standard axle that would be nice. 28, 32, 36 are typical spoke counts for mountain bikes. Notice that the holes in the flanges don't line up with each other. They are offset. One set is in between the other set. Rear hub axle is 10x1, front is 9x1. Standard MTB spacing is 135mm. The market is sorta saturated for this product. White Industries, Surly, Phil Wood, Paul Components, all a little different, but each with their own place. If you made one that was light or the quality of Phil Wood at half the cost you might have a market, or just do a bunch of colors.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.