1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Weird huh?
2,286 Posts
Strikingly ugly...

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
That is so bada$$! Inglis/Hunteresque almost. I haven't seen Mr. Sadoff build too many like that. Singlespeed? Who did the paint? I'm getting my Rock Lobby built in a few weeks now. Steel Cross bike...can't friggin wait.

·
Mtbr Founder
35,050 Posts
I didn't know Sadoff could build like that. That thing is a labor of love... both on his part and yours.

fc

·
SS Clyde 29er
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah thanks guys,

Spectrum Powderworks KNOWS...how to execute. I was going for a turquoise blue and coral red theme (think southwestern jewlery) with a sand color backdrop. It came out WAY beyond my expectations.

Paul did a great job on the build and I especially like the internal cable routing on top. Yes, most definitely a labor of love on everyone's part.

Thanks to Liz at Spectrum as well for putting up with my obsessive ass questions, requests, etc., she's gem of a person thru and thru.

I hope to build it up next week. Got some CK red hubs on some Velocity Chuckker rims.

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
fire horse said:
Spectrum Powderworks KNOWS...how to execute. I was going for a turquoise blue and coral red theme (think southwestern jewlery) with a sand color backdrop. It came out WAY beyond my expectations.

Paul did a great job on the build and I especially like the internal cable routing on top. Yes, most definitely a labor of love on everyone's part.

Thanks to Liz at Spectrum as well for putting up with my obsessive ass questions, requests, etc., she's gem of a person thru and thru.

I hope to build it up next week. Got some CK red hubs on some Velocity Chuckker rims.
That thing is straight up Navajo! How long did Spectrum take? I talked to Paul about using them and he said usual return time is 2-3 months. I'm not sure I want to wait that long.

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
New Mexico just crapped all over your beautiful frame. That is a looker and a well done paint job by Spectrum. Enjoy it!

·
SS Clyde 29er
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good eye!

Carl Hungus said:
That thing is straight up Navajo! How long did Spectrum take? I talked to Paul about using them and he said usual return time is 2-3 months. I'm not sure I want to wait that long.
It took just about 2.5 weeks. Maybe it depends on the time of year. I imagine in the spring and summer that wait might be longer. Liz at Spectrum was great about giving me a realistic time line.

·
SS Clyde 29er
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Price?

francois said:
Ahh Spectrum paint. Doesn't that cost as much as some bikes?

fc
Well...if you go thru a builder like Paul then you get a better price but yea, even with Paul's pricing the paint was about half the cost of a lot of entry level custom frames.

Price jumps when you go for multiple colors, which then typically necessitates a gloss over coat to keep the powder in place. It can jump wayyy up if you opt for custom graphics (hourly cost of go back and forth over with the artist).

I was inspired by the Tomac drop bar bike's winged design. Of course Spectrum did that one as well; they even custom blended the Yeti turquoise color in house. Anyway, glad to find a few people that enjoy it's looks as well. :thumbsup:

·
Ariolimax columbianus
1,635 Posts
didn't you just have a hunter super swamper 29er built awhile back? i'm still tryin to save $$ for my hunter cx. drool...... scallops makin me a bit hungry. i guess custom frames are still a bit less than brand new full suspension frames, plus they last forever. what kinda bars you gonna run?

·
SS Clyde 29er
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea, still got the Swamper

I finally gave in and got this geared/SS frame built. Going to go with some wide dirt drop bars for sure.

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
Great bike! I really like the colors. Lobsters are sweet. Cannot wait to see the build when it is done.

I have been scouring the board, looking for Lobsters, since I just traded a Willits Scorcher for a Rock Lobster frame / fork / stem / wheels / misc parts. It is cross geo with a tall head tube, that will take a 2.3 tire. Mikesee built wheels, DT Hugi 240 road hubs with DT RR 1.1 rims. This is a go anywhere adventure bike for me, used to link paved / dirt / trail rides, from nowhere to nowhere. Some call 'em monster, I like Mofo Cross for this one. :D

My build is not complete, this is a pic from the original owner.

Hope you don't mind me making this a Lobster Love Fest.

·
SS Clyde 29er
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
NICE, yep

I can relate to your build. Needing/wanting a tall head tube can necessitate a custom build. Nice set-up you have there, definitely an all arounder. :thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts