Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard if and when we will see a schedule for our So-Cal series or is it truly gone away..

The rumor up in Big Bear is the series is gone..

Anyone?

·
Registered
695 Posts
7.62 said:
Hey all,

Has anyone raced the XC portion of the race at Southtridge? If so, how was it?

Thanks
Yup. It's surprisingly a very nice course for being located in Fo. There's a good amount of climbing up four different hills, some tech descents with rocks, soft stuff and ruts and a long flat section at the end that allows guys who can generate a lot of power to make up some ground on the climbers and descenders in the bunch. Basically there's a little bit of everything mixed in out there so you either have to be an "all around" rider or you'll get dropped by someone who is.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks for the info. I want to enter the race, but I've never ridden that track before. I can see myself eating it while bombing down a tech descent before I can slow down. lol I'd like to run it first, but I won't have time before the next round.

·
Registered
115 Posts
last time

last time I was out there it was a bunch of ******** with the pooshers hangin out at the B-ball courts.

let me tell you I hate loose f-ing sand/quicksand in between nice climbs and nice Dh's this being said I used to ride down cherry to southridege, ride the "ridge" 1 or 2 times then ride home... but no more, the development seems to have made it a lot more shitty and I can't afford to ride there for a fee (race).

ALL the same they get a good turn out every time... I'm just a punk ass

let me know if the sand is gone I suspect only after rain.

·
I AM PEDALING!
167 Posts
Looky here....

surlygirl1x1 said:
Has anyone heard if and when we will see a schedule for our So-Cal series or is it truly gone away..

The rumor up in Big Bear is the series is gone..

Anyone?

It seem's Team Big Bear is still involved with the NORBA series, but they don't mention a Cal State series. They do have a spot that reads "Team Big Bear" events though.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Norcal series info

http://teambigfoot.net/

I got tired of driving down to Big Bear from San Jose, but I was looking forward to representing Norcal again this year. I'll be down for Fontana and maybe Firestone.

Blue Wolf and Team Big Foot need an overall championship race.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.