Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read the spec sheet on the nomad and it states that 2.5 is the largest. Wondering if anyone's comfortably fit a 2.6 or 2.8 as a rear tire on their nomad v4?

thanks for any intel

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Seems like you should be able to sort of rule out some of the options.

How much clearance is there between your current tire and the fork? Is the size of a 2.8 minus the size of what is installed lesser than the gap you have?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't own a nomad and I'm not asking about the fit on a fork. I'm in the market for a nomad I'm trying to build and would like to know from people who have ridden wide tires in the frame, not the fork. Thank you though.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I don't own a nomad and I'm not asking about the fit on a fork. I'm in the market for a nomad I'm trying to build and would like to know from people who have ridden wide tires in the frame, not the fork. Thank you though.
Fair enough. My apologies.
A few times a week somebody WITH a bike wants to know what the biggest tire is. I lumped you into that category just because of forum history.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.