Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
No tricks. Just bolt the adapter to the Phrunt Shui, mount it on the dummy axle and slide it over against the dropout. Then rotate and modify the adapter until it fits the mix of fork leg/dropout you are using. As long as it falls within the arc of the Anvil tool, I haven't had any problems. If you are using through axle dropouts, you need to space the adapter over 3mm to account for the recess in the dropout.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Couple pics of the problem fork: I don't see how to have made the tab go any further laterally so the IS to PM adapter can clear to the inside, but it lines up almost on top of the tab when the rotor is in the brake. Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle part Spoke White Rim
Bicycle wheel rim Mode of transport Bicycle tire Bicycle part Bicycle accessory

thanks
andy

·
Registered
81 Posts
I took a few pics with an IS mount bolted to the Phrunt Shui and mounted on an old road fork. It looks like you didn't have the tool pushed over against the dropout face. On a tapered fork leg like that, I would expect the top of the adapter to be hanging off the edge of the fork leg.

Purple Maroon Steel Composite material Material property
Metal Iron Steel Carbon Composite material

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.