Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, anyone know what the rear shock/travel for the giant trance x0 29er is? I know the rear shock is a Fox Float CTD Boostvalve perfomance, but the fox webite lists several possible rear shock travels: 1,1.25,1.5,1.75,2,2.25.

Anyone know which one this biek has?

Thanks.

·
4 Niners
2,124 Posts
Suspension travel is not the same as shock stroke which is what he is looking for.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
The term you're looking for is stroke length.

Two things you need to match up to fit. You need the correct eye to eye (one end to the other; typically 6-9in) and you need the correct stroke length (the amount that shock compresses, typically 1.5-3in)

You're best to measure it yourself if you get it wrong it will make the geometry all wonky and/or you won't get full travel or you'll get too much travel and rub the frame.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just want to adjust my rear shock pressure, for which i need the sag %, and hence the shock travel. my bikes in storage now, i figured i might be able to look the shock travel up somewhere before i took it out.

thnx for the advice.

·
DFMBA.org
1,874 Posts
I had the Trance X29-1 and recall that I was able to push the o-ring off the stancion with too low pressure, but that was on an Evo shock. I think the 0 is a Performance model but maybe it doesn't matter. I used the the entire exposed length for my sag calculations then dialed it in so that the o-ring would go right to the end, but not fall off. Hope that helps.

·
4 Niners
2,124 Posts
If that is your goal, the answer is easy. Measure the slider portion of the shock. That is the thing you need to take the % of.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
If that is your goal, the answer is easy. Measure the slider portion of the shock. That is the thing you need to take the % of.
Yep, that should work. I checked on the site and I couldn't find anything. Another option is to send them an email with that question. I am sure they will have the number you are looking for somewhere...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts