Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...Custom bike manufacterer in Norcal?

I'm thinking Potts.

Please format all answers in ALL CAPS and bonus points will be awarded to those answers in the form of a question.

Key Words:

Downieville. Bung lube. Dust. N00B. Urinal Mint. Shamois Cream.

·
Registered
818 Posts
does he still have to be making bikes? or even alive?

Victor Vincente of America had relocated to Lake County several years back. Not sure what he was doing besides cougar patrol, which has to be worth something.

that was the word on the street....

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the.vault said:
does he still have to be making bikes? or even alive?

Victor Vincente of America had relocated to Lake County several years back. Not sure what he was doing besides cougar patrol, which has to be worth something.

that was the word on the street....
Plus points on the semi-answer in the form of a question!

Yes, I'd prefer the guy to be alive. I'm thinking of gettting a Potts roadie - built up all nice and pretty. I doubt I'll find anyone better than that - but you never know!

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
iheartbicycles said:
...Custom bike manufacterer in Norcal?

I'm thinking Potts.

Please format all answers in ALL CAPS and bonus points will be awarded to those answers in the form of a question.

Key Words:

Downieville. Bung lube. Dust. N00B. Urinal Mint. Shamois Cream.
When do you go back to work?

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
g-funk said:
Eat A Dick, ****er

edit this was in all caps
Craig in known to re-set cured carbon tubes - which is a major no no. His molds are old and worn out, forcing him to hold each peice in place by hand. His bikes are subpar becuase his work is subpar. SImple as that.

·
Shocks?, Pegs?... Lucky!
799 Posts
I think if you're lookign for a bike, make sure you sit down with your framebuilder for a chat and a sizing. Don't just fill out a chart.
I'm trying to give you some advice here, btw, not just talk donw to you.
There are tons of highly qualified framebuilders in NorCal.
Sycip, Soulcraft, Inglis/ Retrotech, Potts (Is he still making them), Kish, Rock Lobster, Hunter, WhiskeyDrunk Cycles (How "in the know" are we?), Castellano (not for road), and then there are a boatload of mastercraftsmen who have worked for some of these guys, including the band of merry pranksters that Ibis employed over the years.
There's loads of knowledge in them thar hills, go seek.
Just let the masters do their thing, ya know. Don't tell them what you want, or think you need...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.