Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Rebound damping: Some form of friction (see "Compression damping") that opposes the mainspring as it returns the suspension to its extended position.

Firstly - go to the site and download the manual. There should also be some recommended settings.

Secondly there's a simple test. Get a friend or a video camera and tripod (the friend is easier!). Put the knob to full fast. Then ride off a gutter as you would any normal trail obstacle. Your friend should count how many times you bounce after you are off the gutter (no jumping! just rolling). You need to get the amount of bouncing down to about one bounce. So simply repeat the process till you get there (you can also do this for your fork.

Generally though, having the rebound closer to the slower setting works for most people (I have a Fox Float R which is only 4 clicks from full slow). Once you've got your basic setting, go for a trail ride. If you feel like the rear end is bouncing around too much, make it slower and vice versa - a lot has to do with the terrain you ride so adjust accordingly.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Twist it all the way slow or fast and count the total # of clicks/positions from closed to open. Most are around 18-20 clicks. I weigh in at 250 and run mine around 16-18 clicks on the slow side, 20 being the slowest. Put it in the middle and ride and then add 2-3 clicks each way +/- till ya get it were ya like it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ya my bad , Resposado Man is correct. I have mine set 16-18 on the fast side, 20 being the wide open fast. For your weight I'd guess maybe 12-14 from slowest towards fast.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.