Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2374 Posts

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up some Salsa Flip-Off Skewers to replace the standard Specialized skewers that haven't felt right since a muddy race in April. After my most recent ride, the skewer on the front wheel was so loose I could turn it while closed. Freaked me out a bit so I thought I'd throw on somethin fancy:

In Red for my Silver 07 Epic Comp :thumbsup:

What's your latest change/upgrade?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Rebuilt the brake lever that I wrecked when I stacked last weekend.. :madman:

I can use my bike again now! :thumbsup:

·
Enthusiast
5,360 Posts
Put a brand new pair of Shimano PD-MX 30 pedals on my Crosstrail. Did that two days ago on Tuesday. Three hours later I was riding close to the curb to stay out of traffic, and scraped a pedal against the curb. Bummer! Aluminum sure is soft. Now I've got a nice, shiny bevel in the pedal where an edge used to be. Cut a nickel in half, and that's about the size of the damage. No big deal, but that first ding in something brand new is always painful.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have some Time XS Carbon pedals on the way from Pricepoint.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
i recently realized other than rebound knobs on the fork and shock, i didn't have any red on my silver '06 enduro expert.
i pulled my head out and put some red chainring bolts on.
much faster now :thumbsup:

·
( o Y o ) 's!!
261 Posts
I recently bought a new wheelset. My old rear hub finally exploded on me so instead of buying a new one, I bought a new wheelset. Mavic Crossmax SX!

·
Registered
258 Posts
I recently ordered the Easton XC One wheelset to replace the OEM on my 06 Stumpy Expert. Can't wait to ride em!

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bikefoolery said:
Upgraded 07 Stumpy Expert to Crossmax SL wheels and a XTR cassette. knocked nearly a pound off.
The XTR cassette makes a huge difference :cool:

swinkey - can you link me to those :thumbsup:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just ordered a 2007 set of Avid BB 7 disc brakes, 2007 Sram X-7 derailleurs and shifters and I'm thinking about getting a 9 speed Sram cassette+ chain. Other then that .....nothing crazy..:D

1 - 20 of 2374 Posts