Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for new tires for my spot. I don't do hucks but get into some steeps and fairly rough terrain. Downieville is a good example. I also like to climb- so I guess I'm looking for all mountain tires. Considering Kenda Nevegals but have never ridden them. Currently using wtb wierwolf r and mutanoraptor f.
Thanks

·
3 "fiddy" for short
2,739 Posts
I have been using the WTB Timberwolf and have found it to suit the 5-Spot and my terrain very well.

Where are you riding anyway? What are your trails like (smooth hardpack, loose soil, sandy, rocky, etc.)? That will be the determining factor.

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
Might want to post this in the Turner board.

Nevegals are good for loose conditions, I always use them on the rear. If there are rocks or hardpack, I prefer the Blue Groove on the front

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Good tires

I like the Nevegal but if you like to climb the Schwalbe Nobby Nic is over 100g lighter and a little wider with little more open tread but it still rolls faster than the nevegal. I've had no durability issues with either tire but I would guess the Nev has a durability edge with the extra 100g.

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
slowrider said:
I like the Nevegal but if you like to climb the Schwalbe Nobby Nic is over 100g lighter and a little wider with little more open tread but it still rolls faster than the nevegal. I've had no durability issues with either tire but I would guess the Nev has a durability edge with the extra 100g.
I don't know, NEVs are known to loose knobs. I certainly lost one or two off of mine.

Tires are more locale specific than bike specific, so post in your regional forum citing your favorite trails.
I do like the kendas bg and nev, although slow rolling. I am trying the DTC versions for Austin riding soon (root/rock ledges, some loose stuff, some smooth singletrack).

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
slowrider said:
The sidewalls in 3 of for of my last Kenda purchases have started to delaminate. No stans use.

Go Schwalbe or wait or the Panaracer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.